Welcome to Alternative Care For Kids
I am Jody K. Roblyer, RN, Health Coach and Founder of this blog and Monarch Holistic Healing.
I bring together all my various nursing and health care expertise, knowledge and experience to create a one of a kind health care service for children.
On my blog I will be sharing information on complementary and alternative medicine to improve the mind, body and spirit of children with chronic illnesses.
I know how the health care system works, I know traditional medicine, I now know many alternative health therapies, and I now know how to coach people to motivate them to change toward healthy lifestyles.
Here Is A Little About My Personal Life:
I raised 2 children, 2 dogs, and lots of organic flowers and vegetables in Baltimore City!
I moved out to the country and created my own lush backyard paradise with hanging flowers on my porch and digging a new garden for herbs and vegetables. I use Feng Shui to optimize success, spiritual, relationship, and health energy.
I grew up happily in a small village in New York State, where she integrated her personal, family, work, and community values.
I believe in honesty, loyalty, compassion, empathy, community service, freedom, choices, the laws of nature, living to learn, growing and developing at all ages and stages in life, and self-knowledge for self-empowerment.
I Love Volunteering In My Community:
- Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church, Reisterstown, MD- Parish Nurse, Church School teacher, Chair of Church Council, member of UMW.
- Grace United Methodist Church, Baltimore, MD- Church School teacher and Coordinator of rotation curriculum for grades 1-6 for 6 years, member of Nurture and Education Council, Church School assistant teacher for 10 years, member of Family Council.
- Girl Scouts of Central Maryland- Troop Leader for 7 years, First Aid person, Community Service Team Chair for 3 years.
Here Is A Little About My Professional Life:
I am a board certified Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner(PNP or PPCNP). I graduated from Binghamton University in 1977 with a BS degree as an RN. I received my Masters degree from University of Maryland in 1982, and have been board certified as a PNP since then.
In 2011, I became certified as a Fellow in Anti-Aging, Regerative and Functional Medicine (FAARFM) from the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. In 2012, I graduated from the Maryland University of Integrated Health, formerly the Tai Sophia Institute, with certification as a Health Coach.
Licences and Certificates:
- RN Licensure: 1978-present, Maryland; and 1977-1980’s, New York State
- PNP Certification: 1982-1987 and 1995-2020, American Nurses Credentialing Center, ANCC
- Board Certified as FAARFM, a Fellow in Anti-Aging Regenerative and Functional Medicine, December 2012, American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- Hospital Credentialing:1998-2012, Greater Baltimore Medical Center- for employment with Pediatric Partners, to see newborns & inpatient pediatric patients- admission physicals, progress notes, or discharge physicals
- CPR Certification:1994-present, American Heart Association
I combined practicing in a busy private pediatric group with teaching nursing students and nurse practitioner students for 17 years. I practiced as a PNP at Pediatric Partners in Towson, Md for 17 years and I still teach, 18 years and counting, as a Clinical Instructor at Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing in Baltimore.
As a PNP, I saw newborns, children and adolescents to age 21 for child visits and for acute sick visits.
My responsibilities included taking detailed physical examination, ordering appropriate labs and diagnostic tests, writing prescriptions and presenting treatment options and health education for the patient.
As a Clinical Instructor, I coordinated a course designed to provide the fundamentals on how to assess and examine the pediatric patient.
Bringing My Experience To This Blog
I will be bringing ALL my Expertise, Knowledge and Experience to this blog. I want my blog to be an extension, a resource for parents along side my clinic.
I want to help you create a one of a kind health care service for you and your children.
If you have any questions, you can reach me thru email anytime… Contact Me